Monday, July 28, 2008

Samaya Cooks Breakfast!




This morning I was fixing breakfast when Samaya came into the kitchen and asked, "Can I help?!" So I told her when her toast was done she could spread the jelly on it. She was so excited to be able to help! She shouted, "I'll go get my stool!" And ran up to the bathroom to get her little step stool that she uses to reach the sink. She came back to the kitchen, parked her stool by the counter, & reported for duty. She was very serious as she spread the jam on her toast teeny bit by teeny bit ("you have to be careful & take your time so you don't spill" she informed me). It took her forever, but she was so proud of herself when she carried her plate to the table. It taught me a good lesson on how having a little bit of patience with your kids can really pay off for them (& yourself when you see how pleased they are with themselves).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet...I can tell by the pictures that Samaya is taking her role as Mommy's helper very seriously. I can also see how proud she is of herself, and her breakfast.

Patience is a virtue...and a priceless gift that parents can give to their children. It so nice to see and hear what you and the girls are up to on a regular basis.

Tell Samaya that Aunt Melanie can't wait for her to make me something for breakfast (smile).